Sunday, April 19, 2015

Endure to the End...

I'm going to have to first explain a couple of simple thing about my church before I can dive into the real topic. I am in charge of helping the Young Women in my church do the personal enrichment program that is called personal progress. It is a program that the church has developed to help the young women become closer to God and also learn and develop life skills that everyone needs. 

I plan and do an activity with them the first Tuesday of the month. They also work on the program on their own and with their families. This last activity we had we read a lot of scriptures about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have read many scriptures about the atonement, but this time was struck at all the sacrifices that Jesus and God both went through to be able to make it so we could live this life here on earth and return to live with them after we die or in other words that are used in my church a lot "endure to the end."


Now here is where the triathlon bit comes in :). I think that we can all draw analogies to things we experience in our lives the most, for me one of those things happens to be Ironman training and racing. When Jesus was on the earth he also talked in parables that were likened to the people of that day. 

So, in an ironman and sometimes in training, there comes a point where you want to throw up your arms and quit. You just want to say "I'm done! I can't go any more! I'm just going to sit on this curb and have someone pick me up!" It's at this point in the race that I remember all the sacrifices that Scott has made for me to be able to do this crazy dream. I think of all the friends and family cheering for me. When I have that in my mind, there is no way I can slow down, give up, or sit on the curb. I have to endure to the end because of all that has been given to me!

I think we should think the same thing about life. We all face struggles and trials, but what if we thought about all the people cheering us on from above and all the sacrifices that Christ and Heavenly Father have gone through to make it possible to "endure to the end." I know life is easier when we think about our heavenly "cheer squad." We will not be able to throw up our hands when we face the hardest trials in our lives, because Christ has done so much more. 

So here's to the racing season and to life... endure it well!

1 comment: