Saturday, May 4, 2013

Catch up!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I wrote in here!

Well I kept up my crazy workout routine till the end!

The week of the 8th I still was able to do a 10 mile run at 8:30 pace and feel like I could go so much faster. It was a great run! I did my 11 hours of biking as well. I thought about swimming a lot but I don't think I could have gotten into a swimsuit that I own. Not that I was huge, but just big enough that I wouldn't be able to squeeze in.

The week of the 15th I finally relented and only ran 9 miles instead of 10 :) This run was a little harder than my other ones. I don't know if it was because of pregnancy or because I was stressed with school winding down. I also was able to get in all of my biking this week as well. I started having contractions on Friday, but they weren't regular. Sunday they became regular and I started getting scaird.

The week of the 22nd. I woke up Monday and biked an 75 minutes because I wanted to be awake for my final that day. When I got home I actually bike another hour and called it good. I had bloody show Monday night and started having contractions every 3-5 minutes for 30-40 seconds. They didn't hurt at all though. I continued having contractions but I needed to go to school and talk to some professors so I went to the gym at school and ran/walked 6 miles since I was still having contractions. I knew it was the real thing because they didn't hurt as much as the braxton hix when I tried to run through them. I biked for 30 minutes and felt wiped out so I called it good.

I went to talk to the professors through contractions the whole time. They started getting closer and a little more intense so I called Scott!

I already wrote my birth story but I need to edit the secret parts out that I don't want everyone on the internet to be able to read and then I will post it.

I am now just resting and getting very restless and anxious to start back! I had her on the 24th so it's been 1 1/2 weeks. My OB said tat I could start run/walking at 2 weeks if I'm feeling good. I started going on short (1.5 mile) walks at 1 week. I had to step it back since I started being more swollen and sore.

I will probably post the birth story tomorrow. I know your on the edge of your seat for it!

1 comment:

  1. Please post lots of pictures too. Congratulations cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete