Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week 1 of postpartum workouts!

I'm more than 2 weeks postpartum so, yes, I have gone on a couple runs and bike rides now. At two weeks (Wednesday) I did a run 3 minutes walk 2 minutes for 2 miles. 
Thursday: I felt too good to just do 30 minutes on the bike so I did 40. 
Friday: 3 mile run (1 mile run, 1 minute walk)
Saturday: 45 minute ride
Monday: 3.5 miles no walking at 8:15 pace. Felt great but out of shape!
Tuesday: 1 hour on the bike!

It's been amazing to be a mom. It's just so amazing how much she just makes me happy. I didn't think I would be that stereotypical mom who thinks everything her baby does is adorable, but I do. 

It's hard to fit workouts in between feedings, but I do it. I've had to go at 5am to get a run in and I'm sure it's not my last early early morning run I'll do and I know I'll have some late night rides on my bike to be able to fit in a ride longer than 1.5 hours. 

I'm excited though, because even though I'm not fully healed and have a couple of annoying things especially prohibiting me from working out like I want to, I feel as though I will be able to be in good enough shape to do my half ironman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment