Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two days before race day!


So, I’m not too good at this blogging thing! In terms of workouts, they are going pretty well. My crazy long workout before the race was a week or two ago. It was a 3 hour bike and 1 hour run. The bike was great, it’s hard to tell since I’m on a trainer and don’t have my speed computer hooked up. My run was amazing though! I got back and thought “I really don’t want to calculate what my pace was.” I did it any way since my sis told me to… 6:45ish pace!!! WHAAA??? That was my reaction anyway! So, that workout went really well, or I went real slow on my bike.

I ran 13-14 miles a couple times and went around 7:10 pace so I was happy about that too. All my other runs have been between 7-7:30 pace. I don’t feel fully back running wise but I’m getting there!

I started swimming! I joined the Y for cheap during the summer and they have a 50m outdoor pool. Deanna (a friend from church) started coming with me so I even have someone to push me, which I really need with swimming. My 3rd or 4th time swimming I decided to swim a straight mile and time it… DISASTOR! It took me 32 minutes! I was so down after that! Ac ouple times later I did a timed 1,000m and did it in 17:10! (much faster pace). So, I’m not expecting much out of the swim, but I’ll finish it and won’t be last. I’m hoping to do the 1.2 miles around 38-40 minutes.

I’ve been inside on my trainer since I got prego so it’s been 11 months! This last weekend I told Scott I needed to go outside a least once before the race. So, we planned for Saturday. Well, anyone in Cincy knows that we had a CRAZY rainstorm and had flash flood warnings! I was undeterred since this was my ONLY chance to go outside! I was soaked the minute I got out of the car and I really am not exaggerating! You know you haven’t been outside in too long when you are 5 minutes out and realize that you don’t have a helmet on! I turned around and got it! Grateful I didn’t crash at all especially while I didn’t have a helmet on!

So here’s a list of what I’ve done as workouts to prepare for Muncie. Just two days away! I can’t sleep so why not blog right?

week of the 9th 13 hours
cMonday- 30 minute run, 1 hour ride
cTuesday- 30 minute ride, 30 minute  ride
Wednesday- 1:30 run, 1:30 hour ride
Thursday- 2 hour 10 minute ride
Friday- 1 hour run, 1.5 hour ride, 1 hour ride
cSaturday- 30 minute run, 1 hour ride

week of the 16th  14 hours
Monday- 1 hour 40 minute run, 1 hour bike
Tuesday- 1:30 bike, 30 minute swim
Wednesday- 30 minute run , 1:10 hour bike, 30 minute swim
Thursday- 3 hour ride, 1 hour run
Friday- 1:05 bike,
Saturday- 1 hour bike, 45 minute run, 30 minute swim

week of the 23rd 12 hours
Monday- 1:40 run, 30 minute bike
Tuesday- 1:30 bike, 30 minute swim
Wednesday- 1 hour run, 1 hour bike
Thursday-1:15 bike, 45 minute swim
Friday- 30 minute run, 1 hour swim
Saturday- 2:30 ride, 1 hour run

week of the 30th 7-8 hours
Monday- 10 mile run, 30 minute swim
Tuesday- 1:30 ride
Wednesday- warm up then 1,000 fast (17:10 minutes)swim, 30-40 minute run Thursday- 1.5 hour ride
Friday- 20 minute run, 1 hour swim
Saturday- 1:45 ride, 45 minute swim

week of the 7th (race week!) 4.5 hours?
Monday- 30 minute run, 40 minute swim
Tuesday- 45 minute bike
Wednesday- 42 minute run, 30 minute swim
Thursday- 1 hour bike
Friday- 15, 15 ,15- don’t fret if I can’t get it all in
Saturday- RACE DAY! 

I still haven't decided on a race day time goal, I started training for this thinking I wouldn't have one at all, but really, how fun is that right? I'm still trying to workout how I'm going to pump right before and right after the race. I was thinking of pumping during T2 as well, but I don't think I'll want to take the time to do that. 

And now for the photo bomb! I need to load my picture onto our computer because I have all the recent ones since Scott's phone became too full of picture to take more and he couldn't decide which ones to delete. 






1 comment: