Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nothing really to complain about except the future

Long week... I had a test on Monday so I did my long run Tuesday morning.  I was pretty tired so I slowed my pace down to 8:00 pace. I used to think that pace was slow! Really my hr is so low and I feel great aerobically but I'm just so uncomfortable. I have to pee every step I take! I tell myself I can't go to the bathroom until 3.5 miles. I can't wait till I feel half way normal! I miss going on a run and feeling so free. That's probably the number one thing I'm looking forward to after birth. Well that and being able to eat a huge meal well even just a normal sized meal.

I started my complex adult preceptorship this week. I  one on one with a nurse and basically act as a nurse. I'm in the cvicu at university hospital and LoVe it! My preceptor is amazing and teaches me so so much the whole day. The only hard thing is that our clinicals up to this time have been 9 hours long and many times we left earlier than that. With this, we work the hours of our preceptor so 12 hour shifts which routinely turn into 13 hour or more shifts. My first time I got to the hospital before 6:30 and left right at 8:30. Yep 14 hours! I really didn't even realize how long it was because I was learning so much and having so much fun. Well this week I had more shifts. I had my first night shift on Thursday night. I survived!!! I still was able to get all my workouts in too. I had a great ride this Saturday 3.5 hours then I had to rush off to a doctors appointment. Things are getting less comfortable for sure! I can't believe I still have 6 more weeks to get uncomfortable :(

These next two weeks are going to go by super fast since I have a TON of clinical hours the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to get my workouts in! Seriously NO time. Hopefully ill still get them in! Well wish me luck! 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing some pretty incredible things with your time. Good luck with it all! I'm cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete